We provide summary advice, brief services, and legal representation for people experiencing immigration problems.
We advise and represent on many immigration issues, including:
Initial Applications and Claims for Status in Canada
- Applications for permanent residence on humanitarian and compassionate grounds (H&Cs).
- Sponsorship of family members abroad or spouses and common-law partners inside Canada.
- Responses to issues arising during application processing, including “procedural fairness” letters and requests for exemptions from some IRCC requirements.
- Applications for permanent residence as a protected person, including family members abroad and applicants under the “one-year-window” provisions.
- Pre-Removal Risk Assessments (PRRAs).
- Citizenship applications, particularly ones requiring waivers from certain requirements under the Citizenship Act.
- Temporary Resident Permits (TRPs), including applications for people with precarious status in Canada who are experiencing family violence.
Appeal or Judicial Review of Immigration decisions
- Appeals of refused family-class sponsorships to the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD).
- Judicial Review of unreasonable or unfair immigration decisions to the Federal Court of Canada.
- Removal order appeals to the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD).
If you live in Scarborough east of Midland, Call 416-438-7182 between 9:30 am and 4:00 pm.